Freelance Assistant Project Manager, Store Development - Retail
601 West 26th Street, 6th Floor New York, NY 10001
Job Title: Freelance Project Manager, Store Development – Retail
Location: NY, NY
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBD
- Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations.
- Understand design & construction and ability to review millwork shop drawings.
- Ability to communicate and follow up with various consultants: Lighting, Engineer, Production Architect, Code and Construction Manager, under management of PMs.
- Ability to communicate with Company's in-house department (ie: Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations).
- Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects
Skills & Knowledge:
Degree in Architecture and 2-4 years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s)
· Proficiency in AutoCAD 2007 (or more recent version)
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
· Familiarity beneficial in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011)
· Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
· Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
· Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral