Freelance Product Development, Knits & Sweaters
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Product Development Assistant, Knits & Sweaters
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Dec 2019 – June 25 2020
Full time hours
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Attend seasonal hand offs with Design, Product Development and Technical Design
Create all seasonal technical packages in PLM: creating accurate BOM’s, documenting updates in product notes, proof reading and coordinating Design sketch/ Graphs uploads and release all initial tech packs for proto developments and sample trim orders.
* Support sweater design in all trim specification, with partnership of Trim Ops for research and ID creation. Color match PP embroideries and zipper tapes when needed.
* Partner with TD to tag and mail out reference garments/materials directly to factory and/or sourcing partners in copy in development stage.
* Assist in the hand off, tracking, and approval of color development (knits), embellishment developments, knit fabric & rib developments, wash or product finishing trials and follow to stock approval
* Create all seasonal color palettes for NY Knit Design/PD, sourcing partners, mills & factories.
* Partner with manager in creating all seasonal development PO’s/reservations for fabrics, ribs & sift trims. Release to mills directly with sourcing partners in copy.
* Review, comment and approve all stock embellishment submits partnering with Design and NY trim for ID creation.
* Maintain daily communication with partners to help facilitate accurate developments. Participate in weekly conference calls, WIPS meetings, costing meetings or other inter-departmental meetings as directed by manager.
* Create and maintain the product development seasonal tracking chart & lab dip chart (knits) with current status of programs to include stock units after OTB and retail prices
* Assist in the management of line changes, adds and drops with accuracy and timeliness and communicate to all partners
* Assist in the tracking of all developments and communicate timing and status to team to include receipt of protos, mock ups, stock fit samples, technique, embellishment, knit fabric & rib trials and reference garments.
* Review samples in advance and attend all fittings with a focus on BOM’s.
* Help prepare for and attend seasonal line reviews. Thoroughly review samples against tech packs to identify discrepancies. Partner with manager to recap line review comments and coordinate with Design to capture all updates into tech packs in a timely matter.
* Prepare & participate in meetings with Design for OTB proof reading and approvals and assist in making all necessary system updates to release to factories.
* Assist in the release of proto and stock comment tech packs to the sourcing team with clear direction and status
* Maintain clear and accurate seasonal binders and archive trials and submits for team reference
* Assist in special projects as needed including showroom sample modifications as needed with local sample rooms
* Support design when requested with preparation of boards and pagination updates.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
Clear Written Communication
Basic Garment Construction
Working Knowledge of Cut & Sew Knits, Sweaters & Yarn
Programs: Microsoft Office 365, PLM, Airtable, Illustrator (not required)