Freelance Print/CAD Designer
XX new York, NY 10018
Womenswear brand seeking a Freelance CAD/Print Designer!
Location: New York, NY
• Print, Pattern and Yarn Dye Design.
• Custom Print Development.
• Scanning and cleaning 1-8 color prints, re-colorings, flats, color matching, graphics, repeats, texture mapping and palette building.
• Printing design layouts on treated fabrics through the use of in house printers.
• Maintaining and tracking all artwork developed within CAD department.
• Assisting the Print Designer and textile team in creating concept and print boards.
• Keep up to date on international trends in color and print design.
• Keep up to date with new software and upgrades. Attend applicable training classes and or seminars.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience with Kaledo and Adobe suite in a high volume detail oriented studio, or fashion company.
• Excellent color matching skills.
• Experience with the weave and stripe modules of the software, building yarn dyes correct to construction and proportion.
• Working knowledge of the latest releases of Photoshop, Illustrator and or Quark as they relate to digital surface design.
• Is current with market trends as they relate to the New York & Company brand.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Fluent with advanced features such as texture mapping and knit design.
• Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Textile or Fashion Design, or related work experience in digital textile design