Freelance Outerwear Design Assistant
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Outwear Design Assistant
Location: New York, NY
To Assist in the design of desirable, innovative and quality garments that meet the brand's aesthetic and distinguish the outerwear from its competitors.
• Hand/Computer sketch design ideas with manager in preparation for meetings with senior design team.
• Work with Manager to create presentation boards and research boards for meetings with senior design team.
• Support manager in design meetings, as well as post meetings recaps and updates.
• Translate updates, ideas and sketches into computer technical sketches/drawn packages and 3D mock ups for factories to work from to create garments.
• Hand off these packages to PD and TD teams, who will then communicate information to the factories.
• Own Pagination set up and updates for your boards.
• Help to keep departmental archives organized.
• Degree in Fashion Design or related subject.
• Knowledge and interest in historical & vintage garments.
• Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of performance and technical pattern making, garment construction, fit and execution.
• Ability to select and develop fabrics and trims applicable to the product.
• Knowledge of product Development, Merchandising and Product Management.