Freelance Merchandise Manager
One New York Plaza New York, NY 10004
Job Title: Freelance Merchandise Manager
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBD
Duration: 6 months (approximately)
- Present overall trend direction each season for assigned area including research analysis summary and key items identified.
- Review key performance indicators actual vs. plan. Determine root causes of why execution worked/didn’t work and develop action plans to maximize opportunities and minimize risks.
- Develop strategy, product, assortment plans and pricing in assigned categories by analysis of past business, shopping market and other retail stores and determine catalog assortment by book.
- Interact daily with Creative, E-Commerce, Inventory, Global Sourcing, Domestic Vendors and Technical Design teams to coordinate merchandising objectives and support cross collaboration.
- Manage vendors or collaborate with Global Sourcing to develop new product according to the brand positioning, source piece goods, negotiate costs to meet margins/AIMU goals, ensure of quality standards, and use our fabric/materials base to improve service levels.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to recruit, integrate, develop direct reports ensuring goals and activities are aligned with individual and business expectations.
- Represent merchandising team on special committees and/or transversal initiatives or projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of merchandising and product development experience
- Expertise in product development, trend and branding
- Apparel experience (Catalog and/or web) is required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must