Freelance Merchandise Coordinator
550 Terry Francois San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title: Freelance Merchandise Coordinator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 months
Target Start Date: 7/15/20 End Date: 7/15/21
Describe the job and project they will be tasked with: Merchant Coordinators play a vital role to the Online team. We work cross-functionally with Digital Merch, Marketing, Production, Ecom Ops, Photo & Sample teams to get product to site & assist in project management of marketing initiatives.
Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job: strong organizational skills, and attention to detail, effective and efficient communication skills, ability to manage different priorities
Additional Skills/ Software requirements: Experience in another ecom fashion retail business. Moderate excel experience
Background: bachelor’s degree, 1+ year in retail, preferably ecom retail.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site with intuitive category navigation. Help facilitate a clear and accurate product details page.
• Support Digital Merchandising team’s in-season business responsiveness with changes to categories, styles or style/color display and sort orders.
• Responsible for various website testing and QA including: promotional code set-up, web checkout, linking QA, and ensuring the correct promo messaging is reflected in content, always keeping the customer POV top of mind.
• Liaising with Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production partners and fellow Merchant Coordinators to update and troubleshoot products tied to promotional events
• Ensuring accuracy and high-quality work across the site, with an understanding of its impact on the customer experience.
• Troubleshooting problems and influencing resolution across functions. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Escalating issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
• Opening daily tickets to inform Technology teams of emerging business needs.
• Communicating best practices, following up on status-updates and bugs and giving tool design feedback.
At minimum, you have:
• 1+ year of ecommerce, retail or merchandising experience.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
• An eagerness to learn how the “machine” is run!
• Experience with or prior exposure to content management systems
• Strong computer skills, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• A bachelors' degree