Freelance Merch Asst./Jr Buyer
55 Thomas Street New York, NY 10013
Job Title: Junior Buyer/Merchandising Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Duration: ASAP - 3 months
Full time hours
• Provide operational and administrative support to the Assistant Buyer and Buyer
• Input purchase orders
• Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through consistent communication with the vendors, distribution center, and buying team
• Track transfers between stores
• Generate weekly reports and work with the Assistant Buyer to analyze the business
• Identify and shop the competition
• Understand target customer by region
• Suggest ideas for new vendors each season
• Communicate to stores using the appropriate communication channels
• Contribute to positive morale in the department and organization
• 1-2 years of experience in a corporate fashion merchandising team
• Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs.
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Must be proficient in retail math and understand how to calculate margins, sell through % and other retail math terms
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
• Excellent fashion sense
• Degree preferred
• Retail experience preferred
Describe the project they will be working on? Provide operational and administrative support to the Assistant, Associate and Sr Buyers, input purchase orders, ensure timely delivery of merchandise, track transfers between stores, generate weekly reports to help analyze business, identify and shop the competition, suggest ideas for new vendors each season