Freelance Men's Product Copywriter
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Men’s Product Copywriter
Location: Long Island City, NY
End: 3 months from start
- Write clear, compelling, and on-brand product descriptions for the brand's ecommerce sites and wholesale partners. Brands will include the brand's athletic and men’s brands accessories and footwear, and some apparel across the family of brands
- Regularly communicate with Design, Production, and Merchandising to ensure copy is accurate and informative.
- Attend showroom walk through, line reviews, and design meetings to bolster product descriptions.
- Amend and revise product descriptions in response to feedback from merchants, editors, or other business partners.
- Work on several projects at once in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Continuously develop and refine the voice for men’s product descriptions.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, English (or comparable work experience).
- 2+ years of copywriting or editorial experience, preferably focused on luxury menswear and accessories.
- A strong editorial voice and knowledge of men’s fashion.
- Excellent grammar and spelling.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel, experience with database tools, content management systems, and knowledge of best-in-class dot-com practices.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.