Freelance Manager of Product Development
New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Freelance Manager of Product Development
Company Description: Skincare
Start Date: July 9th and go on for 5 months (Covering MAT)
- Develop new products and collections – work through all aspects of new product research and development, including concept development and competitive analysis, SKU creation, packaging design, formula identification and creation of product development briefs, Ensure all products meet agreed target cost of goods and quality standards.
- Analyze consumer, competitive, product, retailer, market & trend data and identify key insights and opportunities. Translate research into product opportunities for future brand plans.
- Develop strategic product plans, complete with competitive analysis, product concept and assortment. Ensuring alignment with strategic brand plan and sales and financial goals.
- Generate innovative new ideas in terms of products and sampling.
- Support the sourcing and the development of packaging and is responsible for creating artwork briefs for primary and secondary packaging of new products, working in close collaboration with the Packaging Technologist.
- Generate timelines and project manage all PD ensuring delivery of tasks on time. Collaborate with all internal and external partners with clear communication and transparency.
- Manage cross-functional activities required to launch and support product initiatives on an ongoing basis. (Vendors, Finance, Operations, Creative agencies).
- Creating cost reviews for new products and creation of purchase order request for new products and packaging for the Operational team.
- Supporting on building strong Training, BA/freelancers material and programs.
- Lead projects to address issues/new business opportunities.
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Related Field
- 5+ years of Product Development experience in skin and or body care.
- Must have specific experience with skincare development and marketing in prestige, specialty retail channels
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and managing work effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Self-starter and be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to deliver high quality work efficiently and progress through tasks quickly
- Proven track record in project management of multiple projects