Freelance Manager Product Development & Sourcing
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Manager Product Development & Sourcing, Table Top and Gifts, Home
Location: New York, NY
Start: September 1st
Manage product development from concept to delivery of product.
Product Development Responsibilities:
- Communicate with Design and Merchandising on line plan; feasibility for design, target retails, and MOQ.
- Work with design to understand, execute and communicate product specifications.
- Attend PD / Design meetings and provide updates/advice to all team members on outstanding development.
- Assign new product development to appropriate vendors and communicate design direction with tech packs and drawings as prepared by design.
- Double source to ensure best quality and costs.
- Follow up with vendors to track development, submit comments/revisions, samples, negotiate pricing, minimum quantities and lead times.
- Enforce quality assurance standards with the vendors.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve desired COG.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the cost log and product development charts throughout the season.
- Review costing with Sr. Director as necessary to help improve margins.
- Work in PLM to load design packages, update and maintain information, sourcing configuration and costing.
- Responsible for accurately recording and reporting standard cost in SAP.
- Research and source compliant vendors for a wide range of materials and gift product categories through competitive research including the use of Panjiva and trade shows.
- Understand and advise vendor capabilities to the teams.
- Execute orders of development samples for design, merchandising and marketing through GFE+ and insure timely delivery.
- Review top of production and submit to DC as a standard example for use during inspections.
- Stay current with competitive market, new materials, innovation and costs.
Onboarding New Vendors
- Conduct the onboarding of new vendors.
- Review all paperwork and load on Sharepoint
- Follow through with vendors on paperwork with compliance teams on status & outstanding needs.
- Review new products with Production and work with them on buy challenges.
- Manage initial production lead-times with vendors and report to Production.
- Ensure that all vendors enforce compliance protocols for their products.
- Review new products with the Compliance and testing teams pro-actively to ensure all safety and performance issues are covered prior to production.
- Review and Direct Testing team on challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years or more experience preferred
- Tabletop/ Gift manufacturing experience preferred
- Need to be highly detail oriented, thorough, accurate and dedicated to seeing a project through on time.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve efficiently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent worker who enjoys a fast paced dynamic work environment
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Word required
- Ability to read and understand tech drawings