Freelance Manager, Product Development
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Manager, Product Development
Location: NYC, NY
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBD
Overview: Product Development Manager is an integral player on a team that is expected to provide the best overall global value and quality for the Brand by realizing ideas into desirable products that meets the consumer expectations.
-Handle the development and execution of the Product Strategy for the Brand to create the best overall value in terms of product, price, lead-time and quality.
-Drive BOM creation and proactive development at component level to meet the Brand / Product needs and to secure product development and costing to meet desired Milestones, Product Architecture, Authenticity, Quality and results.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Drive self and partner departments to maintain schedule in order to develop quality product on time that meets design and business objectives. Involve management when delays jeopardize timely milestone achievements.
- Work with merchandising on obtaining seasonal scorecard. Awareness of sku productivity, material, color and construction type based on past production trends is required. Identify where irrelevant development is being requested that could jeopardize supplier relationships.
- Attend hand – offs and assist with factory allocation and begin product development process.
- Work with design to understand and execute product specifications. Manage creation of complete proto and market sample specs/ BOMS in FLEX PLM.
- Work with material Manager to understand status of all material and key components for both submits and samples. Gain understanding of accurate definition, costing, and production lead times of materials and key components.
- Facilitate cost engineering to meet cost goals, including maximizing construction opportunities while minimizing liabilities. Identify where costing objectives are out of sync with manufacturing or supplier trends.
- Create costing worksheet and establish target prices with manager.
- Communicate product definition to merchandising team to support accurate linesheet/ GFE upload.
- Manage Sample ordering, tracking, check in, reporting and hand-offs- including but not limited to Protos, Market, PR, and Rigging Samples.
- Travel to suppliers, factories, offices as needed
- Develop seasonal pre-production milestone calendar, including long lead times. Drive self and partner departments to maintain schedule in order to produce quality product on time that meets design and business objectives. Involve management when delays jeopardize timely milestone achievements.
- Work with design to comment on market samples to be Product Ready and communicate to vendors in a timely manner. Participate in pre-fits.
- -Manage creation of complete and accurate production specs.
- Schedule customs compliance team product review. Prepare and pass off spec details that support accurate HTS classification.
- As requested by compliance to verify HTS codes, prepare PO’s, send product to lab for analysis and communicate lab results to compliance team and production ops team.
- Lead weekly WIP meetings and drive all items and milestones toward timely approval. Identify gaps that could lead to delays and involve manager and production operations counterparts as soon as possible to work toward solutions.
- Provide required documentation, standards and samples to QA as foundation for audits in relation to confirmation samples.
- Coordinate and dispatch any labeling material to suppliers (sketch/UPC).