Freelance Junior Creative Coordinator
28 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Freelance Junior Creative Coordinator/Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
2 years of exp preferred
• Project management of packaging copy.
• Manage trademark clearance process for names/headlines and patent/design validation.
• Provide administrative support to ED.
Package Copy Management:
• Manage packaging copy projects; trafficking copy to Marketing, Product Development, R&D and Legal. Support copywriters by providing reference materials and following up with Marketing to confirm variant details; migrating copy onto appropriate release forms as needed for artwork execution. Keeping paper files and archiving final copy.
• Set up and attend packaging copy briefings to initiate projects or to facilitate resolution of obstacles to project completion between copywriters and Marketing and/or Product Development or Legal, as needed. Communicate with copywriters and route participants when urgent actions are needed in order to meet key TLM due dates.
• Update ED in weekly meeting on status of projects and as needed. Keep updated tracking list.
• Represent Creative department as liaison between Marketing and Legal for clearance of product names, shade names, headlines and set names for regulatory and trademark approval. Follow up with Legal to ensure that clearance due dates are met.
• Submit patent and design validation requests and track to completion.
• Coordinate with relevant personnel for translation and trademark clearance of French product names. Update translation agency with new information, i.e. French product names.
• Support Executive Director to manage Package Design projects by updating status report on a weekly basis and assisting with routing forms; trafficking as needed.
• Copy and distribute departmental job requests. Hand deliver folders to and from Legal department in 110 E. 57th Street daily. Distribute status lists on a weekly basis to clients.
• Help team maintain departmental traffic files.
• College degree, 2+ year’s work experience in a corporate environment. Project management/traffic experiences a plus.
• Detail oriented and self-motivated. Meticulous proofreader.
• Excellent communication skills. Team player.
• Great follow-up.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.