Freelance Jr. Web Designer
One New York Plaza New York, NY 10004
Title of Job: Freelance Web Designer
Company: Women's and Men's Apparel
Location: New York
Compensation: Depends on Experience
- Create and develop web promotions using graphics design software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and InDesign etc.).
- Attend brand meetings to ensure creative elements are in line with brand requirements and brainstorming creative concepts with an eye on the feasibility of requests from a design perspective.
- Attend internal hand-off meetings with departmental groups to ensure timely approval process.
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with Creative Director or Art Director. Interprets creative “look” of each promotion and builds/develops layouts of those materials assigned.
- Ability to quickly learn and become expert of in-house web publishing tool.
- Ensures all work, both creative and technical, are reviewed for accuracy before deployment.
- Deploy site designs/redesigns and works with outside vendors to ensure redesign launches are on a timely basis.
- Work on special creative projects for brands as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in design field a plus)
- 2+ years’ experience in web design.
- Tablet experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: HTML, CSS, JQuery, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong creative skills in layout, typography, shape and color work a must. The ability to conceptualize several creative comps for presentation also a must.
- Expertise in current internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications.
- Understanding of mobile devices and HTML5
- Experience with managing website content.
- Ability to learn new internet and authoring technologies relevant for website development.
- Understanding of dynamic or active and static web content
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential for effective interaction with all levels of company management, personnel and outside vendors.
- Very strong organization skills a must. Attention to detail a must. Ability to multi-task and prioritize a must.
- Dedication to developing and implementing effective methods for meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with developing a structure to meet project goals.
- Evidence of strong inclination toward collaborative work style coupled with leadership skills.