Freelance Internal Communications Coordinator
New York New York, NY 10018
Job: Internal Communications Coordinator, Freelance
Company: Specialty food&drink company
Duration: July - ongoing
Location: New York, NY
This role will support the internal communications team in maintaining and implementing internal communications strategies across various channels. The ideal candidate will have outstanding writing and editing skills, be able to function well in a fast-paced environment and work well with cross-functional partners.
- Writes, edits, reviews and oversees release of internal communication documents and programs that support the organization.
- Edits and enhances internal communication materials, including intranet, newsletters, emails/memos, webcasts and all-company meeting presentations.
- Serves as administrator for corporate intranet to ensure that it remains up-to-date with key information for employees.
- Reviews and edits essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness.
- Ensures a “corporate voice” permeates messaging to employees and stakeholders. Coordinates internal communication efforts with those provided by others who focus on external communications (i.e., marketing, corporate communications, investor relations).
- Assists with the development and implementation of new and existing communication vehicles.
- Works closely key internal partners to develop and execute communications initiatives that build engagement and foster a positive, transparent culture within the company.
- Helps develop and manage the company’s Internal Communications Calendar and messaging plan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years dedicated experience in internal and/or corporate communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with superb ability to translate ideas into clear, compelling messaging
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- You like to get things done!