Freelance Graphic designer- NYC
55 Thomas Street New York, NY 10013
Job Title: Graphics Designer (Intermediate)
Duration: Target Start Date: 9/26/2019
End Date: Assignment Duration 6-12 months
Contract only or Contract to hire: Potential for either
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm
Men’s Adult Graphics
Size of the Team: 4
Strong typographic skills including familiarity with custom and vintage type. Competent in basic illustration. Familiarity with current apparel graphic trends and ability to filter Versatile graphic style.
Additional Desired Skills/ Software requirements: Illustrator, Photoshop
Minimum 2 years experience in apparel graphic industry.
• Interpret the needs of the Product Development staff and develop graphics and copy, as needed.
• Creates in house designs for all graphics and on garment embellishments, in partnership with internal and external partners.
• Leverages and sometimes directs external creative vendors to fulfill assortment needs where graphics are concerned.
• Partner with the Legal Department to ensure that graphics/designs are not trademarked and can be utilized by the Company.
• This may include, but is not limited to, fabric design, labeling, hang tags, pins, embroideries, etc.
• Produce mechanical art and complex graphic design (logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels, etc.) through interpretation of design ideas.
• Research new technologies in graphic design and make recommendations for enhancements, upgrades and purchases.
• Develop, enhance and reference library in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups.
• Works primarily independently and handles issues of high complexity.
Who you are:
• Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g., silk screen color separation; camera ready art, heat transfers, etc.).
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly.
• Excellent computer skills (Photoshop, Illustrator and additional related software).
• Strong creative sense with proven artistic abilities.
• 2-4 years graphic retail/textile experience.