Freelance Graphic Designer
1740 Broadway New York, NY 10018
Company: Well-known Fashion Retailer
Role: Freelance Graphic Designer
Start: ASAP- 5/16/20, can extend
Location: New York, New York
** Must have fashion or ecommerce experience to be considered
• Design and deliver emails, site layouts, social and print assets.
• Produce, optimize and output web-ready digital artwork for media campaigns.
• Support Art Director in floorset concepting for all media platforms. Help design seasonal marketing assets.
• Partner with marketing and producers to ensure branding standards are maintained throughout all creative.
• Adhere to deadlines as communicated by producers.
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process across all media platforms.
• Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs.
• Contribute and sustain patterning library for design and functionality.
• Brainstorm with team to create innovative brand communication, translate merchandising strategies to elevate and evolve the brand.
• Collaborate closely with merchants and marketing to translate merchandising strategy into compelling, brand-right creative.
• Ensure deadlines assigned to projects are met.
• Understand and be able to implement marketing and merchant objectives for each project and season assigned.
• Very strong verbal and written communication and positive attitude are required.
• Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
• Very strong and sophisticated typography skills.
• Ability to translate complex design challenges into clear, customer-friendly experiences.
• Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing.
• Expert Photoshop and InDesign skills.
• Advanced level proficiency in all other Adobe CS.
• Passion and understanding of ecommerce and marketing best practices.
• Strong understanding of grid systems and responsive design systems.
• Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member.
• Resourceful self-starter who gets things done.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree (Graphic Design / Interactive) or equivalent experience
• Proven talent in graphic and interactive design.
• 2-4+ years Web design in an agency or a brand.
• Advanced Photoshop and InDesign skills with excellent digital photo-manipulation, compositing skills, and digital layouts.
• Knowledge of best practices for Web image optimization
• Motion graphics & video editing experience for web (After Effects & Final Cut Pro) a plus
• Print skills also a plus.
• Relevant creative background.
• Strong retail/fashion brand or agency experience desired; ecommerce experience ideal.
• Experience delivering on business and creative goals through design.