Freelance Graphic Designer
55 Thomas Street New York, NY 10013
Job Title: Freelance Graphic Designer
Location: New York, NY
Start: ASAP – ongoing 6 month intervals
Full time hours
Must have experience creating apparel graphics (not CAD patterns), must know illustrator and photo shop, must understand girl’s apparel market (difference in aesthetic between toddler girl and big girl), hand drawing skills are important and a knowledge of typography
Adobe illustrator and photo shop are mandatory
Do not want candidates with graphic design marketing, web design or other fields of design not encouraged
• Develop on-brand graphics and copy both independently and at the direction of Design leadership.
• Utilize library of in-house embellishments, in partnership with internal and external partners.
• Partner with the Legal Department to ensure that graphics/designs are not trademarked and can be utilized by the Company.
• Produce mechanical art and complex graphic design (illustrations, icons, and typography) through interpretation of design ideas.
• Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in both the apparel graphics market & graphic design.
• Develop, enhance and reference library in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups.
• Builds consensus with design and merchandising business partners towards developing appropriate solutions.
• Acts as a technical resource for the department and provides in depth expert knowledge to graphics employees.
• Works primarily independently and handles issues of high complexity.