Freelance Fit Technician - Seattle, WA
Seattle Seattle, Washington 98109
Title: Freelance Fit Technician
Brand: Men's and women's sportswear
Location: Seattle, WA
Timeframe: Long term temp
- Produce styles by creating spec and construction in order to execute fit and exceptional workmanship.
- Maintain design integrity and fit of the product in conjunction with merchandising and production goals.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions.
- Effectively communicate fit comments to production and domestic and overseas partners in Flex within deadlines and with
- Research and resolve fit, pattern, and construction issues.
- Maintain consistent fit, construction, grade rules, and tolerances in Flex PLM
- Identify potential production, quality, costing, and design issues and make appropriate recommendations
- Lead competitive fit/construction analysis and apply learning
- Review established size sets for styles and products
- Track and manage fit sample approvals for own product category meeting calendar deadlines
- Update reports where necessary
- Keep samples organized
- Maintain consistency for fit related styles (blocks)
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or 5+ years experience as a technical assistant or fit technician for a sportswear company
- Ability to communicate effectively in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for building collaborative working relationships within teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills to adhere to multiple priorities in order to meet specific timelines and deadlines
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Knowledge of Flex PLM
- Additional computer skills, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word is highly desired
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of pattern making, garment construction and spec grading.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills.