Freelance Financial Analyst New Mexico
Masthead Albuquerque, NM 87109
Financial Analyst Junior- New Mexico
Job Title: Lease Accounting
Masthead St, NM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Possesses strong financial term and contract discernment skills and comprehension of the impact to statutory accounting reporting.
• Extract financial terms related to straight-line rental obligations and tenant allowances for input into the model as they impact the statutory reporting processes.
• Manage and prioritize workload to ensure compliance with Project Timelines around lease extraction and entry into the model.
• Be able to interpret lease language and translate Rent profile & Tenant Allowance information into an accurate working profile based on guidance provided by the Project Team.
• Identify issues and seek guidance from Leadership on appropriate avenues for timely resolution.
• Report regularly to manager of department as to backlog issues.
• Accountable for maintaining excellent relationships with business partners and meeting team commitments.
• Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Will be communicating a daily basis with the Project Leader who will be the primary point of contact on all issues related to this position.
1) Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong experience of interpreting legal documents for the purpose of the extraction of financial obligations
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to obtain effective solutions
• Previous knowledge of Real Estate Processes including application of ASC 840 a plus
• Ability to work in teams and assist other department staff
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with all levels of the organization
• Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word. Intermediate knowledge of Financial and operational accounting systems and database applications preferred
• General understanding of Finance/Accounting principles
• Strong organizational skills required
• Must be able to work variable hours to accommodate deadlines
2) Finance Competencies:
• Functional Technical Skills
o Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Action Oriented
o Enjoys working hard
o Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
o Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions
o Is timely with information
o Builds rapport well
o Is a good listener
3) Minimum Educational Level:
• BA in Finance or Accounting preferred or previous applicable experience a plus.
• Background in Commercial and/or Real Estate Accounting/Finance preferable
• 2-4 years Legal document interpretation experience, Real Estate or Commercial preferred
• 1-2-years Accounting/Finance experience a plus