Freelance Dress Designer
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Dress Designer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: ASAP – 5/31
- Responsible for all aspects of the dress line: concept, color, product development, design, and market presentations.
- Own design process from sketch, fabric selections, and fitting approvals.
- Create 3-D visual rig presentations of seasonal concepts & color. Maintain awareness and develop comprehensive trend presentations.
- Partner with ready to wear design team to ensure continuity with the line and image.
- Responsible for illustrations, illustrator flats, and developing technical specs.
- Ability to partner strategically with cross functional team (merchandising, technical design, manufacturing and sourcing) to develop line.
- Maintain design calendar and deadlines
Skills & Knowledge:
- BA or BS in Fashion Design; preferably received from a design oriented university.
- Minimum of 5 years design experience in women’s dresses.
- Highly creative, strong eye for color, fabric, trim, trend, and understanding of customer.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to think strategically & read/react to business needs.
- Sketching is required, fashion illustration skills are helpful.
- Experience working with drapers and patternmakers, approving muslins and attending fittings.
- Organized, highly motivated, enjoy working with a team.