Freelance Digital Project Manager
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Digital Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
End: on-going (possible perm)
The Product Development and Management team operates at the intersection of the design, development and production based on the Brand and consumer needs, physical and digital products throughout the supply chains. The digital product creation project manager provides direction and guidance to the team as well as cross functional groups, drive and execute the product management to completion with relevant stakeholders in design, merchandising, sourcing and external partners. Working on one of the most exciting project in the company the role will manage and execute complex multi-department programs from idea to completion with internal and external partners globally.
- Work with the Digital Product Creation & Brand leader to outline and identify internal and external partners and how to best drive the projects to completion.
- Provide and follow up project requirements and definition, identify and manage milestones and key deliverables. Ensure that communication, delivery expectations and timelines, are clear and executed for all stakeholder of the groups and individuals involved in a project.
- Manage the complexity and challenges inherent to the new; there may be no standard operating procedure for digital initiative.
- Build and manage project calendars in collaboration with teams within the pipeline, portfolio, and project management system.
- Create and manage project documentation and execution.
- Operate within the digital product creation team to retain institutional knowledge and track progress against KPIs.
· Build metrics to help the company measure digital initiatives.
- Work to build a culture of digital product creation across the family of brands; assist in idea and technology sharing around the company, as well as enable bottom to top execution, within the context of delivering a focused business result.
- Leverage Brand and Consumer Insights, Field testing, Legal, Customs Compliance, Fabric Operations, Tech Design, Product Development, Production and Quality functions to validate and drive the digital product creation opportunities.
- Bachelors degree preferred, a background in applied strategy and/or program management, with a demonstrated record of working with digital creative teams to bring products to market.
- 2-5 years in industry, with apparel experience is preferred, digital industry experience is favored.
- Extremely strong people and partnering skills. Persistence to make things happen while engaging the teams through the transition to digital development.
- Proven ability to create a collaborative environment that leads to outcomes among and between cross-functional teams.
- The ability to work in project and portfolio management systems, as well as the MS Office Suite. Strong Excel abilities preferred.