Freelance Design Temp
los angeles, California 90014
Seeking a Design Temp for a women's contemporary brand in Los Angeles! This is a freelance assignment with a 4-month duration. Pay is DOE.
- Coordinate in house sampling; prepare pattern requests for patternmakers; issue cut tickets; follow up on cutting requests and sample sewing.
- Place orders for sample materials, including fabric, trim and send outs.
- Support Designer and Associate Designer in preparations for style outs and line presentations, including sample racks, initial line sheets, presentation boards and any other necessary presentation materials.
- Create PLM folders for all styles in development, including folder summary and bill of materials.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Fashion Design
- Minimum of 6 months experience in apparel design with nationally or internationally recognized retailers/brands
- Creative with excellent sketching abilities and a refined taste level.
- Basic understanding of garment construction, fit and finishes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WebPDM, FlexPLM is a plus