Freelance Design/PD Assistant
1 Harrison St San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title: Asst. Designer/Product Developer
Duration: Target Start Date: ASAP End Date: TBD, Could turn into full time position with the right candidate
SAN FRAN CA
Illustrator skills, PLM knowledge
Any traits that would make a candidate NOT a good fit for the role/what you DON’T want to see on resume?: lack of experience in the apparel industry
What does a typical day look like for this contractor? : support design team in CAD and BOM updates
Would there be any testing required, or a portfolio requested? A portfolio is required
Reports : Designer/Sr. Director/Sr. Directors of Design
• Prepares basic flat sketch designs for product categories.
• Assist with Tech packing and detail construction views
• Executes building and owning updates to BOMs throughout season (Bill of Materials).
• Attends fitting sessions with designer; make revisions to sketch, design package, and BOM as needed.
• May assist in researching the local market.
• Assist with requesting and tracking of samples needed for prototypes and photoshoots
• Responsible for ensuring samples are requested and tracked to meet product development deadlines.
• Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
• Assist with creating Trim briefs and tech packs via designs direction
• Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
• Basic product and fabric knowledge.
• Basic understanding of garment construction.
• Basic design and color sense.
• Ability to perform basic flat sketches in Illustrator and proficient in InDesign and Photoshop.
• Basic organizational and communication skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
• One + year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)