Freelance Compliance Coordinator
85 Tenth Avenue #2 New York, New York 10011
Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Director Logistics, Compliance & POSM
Deliver proactive compliance support to the business in order to drive the growth and profitability of the brand.
Control of Compliance: 25%
- Local expert on all Brand Labeling and Packaging for Compliance with Federal and State Alcohol Beverage Law.
- Receipt of all Labels/packaging for MHUSA Portfolio for purpose of Federal and State Registration
- Coordinate and manage new formula registrations with the TTB
- Support special requests from Maison or Brand Team requiring compliance documents.
Data Maintenance: 60%
- Obtain and maintain Federal Label Approval for all required States in support of new launches and continuing business
- File and maintain State filings for new launches and continuing business
- Manage and report any distributor/broker changes
- Manage and process annual renewal registration in all required States
- Apply for UNIMERC codes
- Obtain and Maintain NABCA Codes for all active MHUSA SKUs
- Super User and local expert of SHIP COMPLIANT software tool ensuring database is as current and fully leveraging reporting capabilities.
- Manage outside counsel retained to represent MHUSA with respect to complex label and formula issues
- Proactively improve visibility and communication of all compliance related documents/status to key stakeholders.
- Ensure key stakeholders are properly educated on the rules and regulations of Labels and packaging when importing alcohol into the USA.
- Maintain current library of Compliance Manuals documenting policy and procedures
Invoice Payment codification: 5%
- Support the Logistics Team in the coding and routing of Bailment warehouse invoices through the WebCycle payment process tool.
- Education : Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Languages : English
- Professional experience & know how: Highly organized individual with 2+ years of related experience who is able to work with limited direction; must be able to set and adjust priorities independently. Must have an understanding of the three-tiered system. High level of attention to detail and accuracy as well as follow up skills required. Must have good problem solving skills. Solid interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills required Previous experience with Federal and State compliance in the Wines & Spirits Industry a plus.