Freelance Collection Associate - PARSIPPANY
Parsippany Parsippany, NJ 07054
Title of Job: Freelance Collection Associate - PARSIPPANY
Company Description: Global Brand
Location: PARSIPPANY NJ
Start Date: ASAP
• Perform outgoing collection calls for early stage delinquent Retail accounts.
• Secure payment from our company for Business accounts requiring special handling by preparing pro-forma invoices, invoice consolidation or accessing customer supported payables management system.
• Prepare agency placement paperwork for charged off accounts.
• Process payment requests, including check requisitions for A/P processing, for agency and attorney fees.
• Fulfill process server requests.
• Assist in the preparation of the group’s monthly and ad hoc reporting.
• Investigate and research internal and external customer account issues and propose solutions to resolve the issue, including financial account adjustments if necessary.
• 1-2 years related experience in either a collections role OR a high demanding customer service environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
• Work well under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to navigate the Web and Web based applications
• Adaptable to work a flexible schedule
• Capable of telecommuting to meet the department's needs and business requirements
• 4 year degree, preferably finance or business related, in process or completed
• Consumer and/or business collections experience
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Familiarity with Fair Debt Collection Practices Act