Freelance Buyer/Purchasing Agent
Folsom St. San Francisco, CA 94105
Job Title: Freelance Buyer/Purchasing Agent
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: Late March- April 2019
• The Buyer help develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the departments.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan as well as recap in-season sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
• Hindsight businesses quarterly and share with global merchandising team as well as JHQ to influence future product offering and buys.
• Initiate and own end-to-end seasonal photo planning processes. Align with global online merchandising team on key messages and create market appropriate exclusive messages in partnership with marketing team, Buying Manager, and Buying Director.
• Ensure exclusive messages are driving both channels (online and stores) for Japan.
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Able to learn and understand Japanese consumers as well as the brand aesthetics in order to create market appropriate product offerings and sorts at market appropriate timing.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 2-3 years experience as an Inventory Analyst, Assistant Merchandiser or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience
• Strong financial and analytical skills are must.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented.