Freelance Brand Presentation Communcations & Operations
9 Polito Avenue Lyndhurst, NJ 10022
Job Title: Freelance Director of Brand Presentation Communications & Operations
Location: Lyndhurst, New Jersey
End: roughly 8 months (end of March 2019)
Oversee all Brand Presentation Communication tools and Operations within the BP team.
· Continue the Re-Invention of our tools and streamline communication, both internally and externally. Collaborate with Product Presentation & Creative Presentation teams to enhance department tools. Redefine and formalize processes.
· Actively participate and provide content in key cross functional and department meetings. Work with BP Team to compile needed content and decks.
· Build Photo / Initiative Decks for Sr. Leadership Meetings and needs.
· Create partnerships with Store Operations and field leaders to understand store opportunities and weekly workloads, ensuring a holistic approach that maintains consistent messaging and upholds brand standards in execution.
Continue the Re-Invention of our tools and streamline communication, both internally and externally.
o Work smarter and determine need for new vs. better utilization of existing tools.
o Determine new ways to hold teams and field accountable.
o Re-invention of BP tools to deliver an enhanced customer experience that accurately reflects quarterly strategies.
§ Floorset centric documents – Directives, Evolution of Tool Tour Calls, RetailWeb presence.
o Influence other department’s design of communication vehicles, ensuring they are brand right.
o Prototype new communication vehicles.
· Collaborate with Product Presentation & Creative Presentation teams to enhance department tools. Redefine and formalize processes.
o Review and Approve:
§ Bi-Weekly Event Directives
§ Monthly Directives
o Evolution of Tools Tour Calls with the Fleet – Develop Agenda, Deck and lead calls
o Store Execution Photo Review – Compile needs for BP to review
o Ensure BP dates/initiatives are calendarized
· Actively participate and provide content in key cross functional and department meetings.
o Attend Weekly Monday Business Review
o Monthly Hindsight – Schedule Monthly BP Meeting, compile content and present findings
o Plan to Win Meetings, CEM’s – Build BP Decks and compile with Marketing
o Attend 360 Buying Meetings - Product Preview and Quarterly Kick Offs
o Monthly Mock Store Walkthroughs – Build Decks and distribute
o Forecast Meetings / Project Workstream Meetings – Support BP Content, as needed
o Huddle – Build slides, as needed
o Attend Staff Meetings, Creative Production Meetings, Team Statuses, Generals
· Build Photo / Initiative Decks for Leadership Meetings and needs.
· Oversee BP Photography needs for office and store needs.
o Manage budget for Photographer/projects
o Support in scheduling/booking
o Travel to Select Project shoots – Use SteadiCam to record priority stores
o Build Photo Deck of select Projects
· Create deeper partnerships with Store Operations and field leaders to understand store opportunities and weekly workloads. Partner with the Operations team to ensure a holistic approach that maintains consistent messaging and upholds brand standards in execution. Lead bi-weekly Store Operations Statuses.
· Visit stores to evaluate current business, what worked, what didn't work and solicit valuable feedback.
· Research companies that communicate effectively and are operationally sound. Apply learnings.
· Develop Talent: Establish process for transfer of knowledge that aligns with brand standards; identify and delegate key strategies to broaden direct-reports scope, experience and knowledge; provide ongoing coaching and feedback.
· Education: College degree or equivalent experience
· Skills & Systems:
o Proficient Computers Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 or later), InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
o Exceptional time management, organizational and communication skills
o Excellent communication skills (listening, written, verbal, facilitation) and the ability to interact with all levels of management
o Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities successfully
- Must have a strong sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and make effective well thought out decisions.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-past, changing environment and successful completion of all project tasks
- Experience with process change and process implementation
o Experience with photography and directing a shoot.
o Experience & ability to comprehend floor plans
- Retail operations or store experience a plus.
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment
- Creative thinker with a positive and solution oriented approach.
o Ability to travel to projects and direct photoshoots
o Leadership presence