Freelance Associate, Trim, Kids
650 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Associate, Trim, Kids
Locations: NY, NY
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 2/7/20
Overview: Partner with Manager and provide best in class Trim for region including R&D support along with handling any special projects as needed. Drive effective communication on development; follow up with vendors, maintain accurate tracking charts, and assure Trim is compliant with Company standards with respect to approvals, policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast of industry changes, market intelligence, fashion trends, new resources and opportunities.
- Partner with Manager to develop new resources of trims that enhance product performance and minimize cost and lead-time.
- Attend and manage Design hand-off meeting; ensure accurate design development information is communicated and executed throughout development stages.
- Drive effective and efficient communication with internal partners and with external suppliers to ensure timely and accurate hand-offs.
- Work with vendors to ensure best performance of capacities, costing and delivery.
- Assist in negotiations with vendors for final pricing and ensure high quality partnership with vendors.
- Alert management and Regional Partners on high-risk areas; which may impact production and future business.
- Maintain tracking charts of Product Development, lead-time, price, OTB dates, submit due dates, etc.
- Work with vendors to present solutions to both US team and management.
- Ensure product quality meets the defined standards
- Ensure trims are approved on time for production and communicate any delivery delays for management approvals.
- Manage Trim Development Calendar across function groups.
- Take initiative, lead and support projects.
- Establish good relationships with major vendors and business associates around the globe.
- Communicate clearly on objectives and to maintain process efficiencies and meet business goals and requirement.
- Organize and maintain trim library.
- Request, receive and validate trim detail sheets from suppliers; Create/update mill cards.
- Attend meetings and take notes as needed.
- Maintain all trim records including specification lead time and trim pricing.
- Maintenance of library and handling of packaging and mails
Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 + years of experience in Trim Development or Sourcing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Detailed oriented
- Able to work independently
- Proficient in PC, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PLM