Freelance Assistant Technical Designer
111 5th Avenue New York, NY 10003
Job Title: Freelance Assistant Tech Designer
Location: Irvington, NY
Duration: 4 – 6 months
Roles and Responsibilities
- Team with Technical Design to update design sheets with pattern reference.
- Upload design sheets to shared drive or ShareFile website to reveal to vendors for development sample making. Include pattern as needed.
- Create tech packs: enter style properties, measurements, bill of materials and construction details.
- Upload design sheets and design sketches to the tech pack.
- Create RFDs and activate to reveal to vendor for duplicate sample making.
- Enter sample order into Master Sample Log.
- Update technical sketches with any changes.
- Create RFDs for repeat styles.
- Request samples for transfer styles.
- Send tech packs to vendors and maintain tracking.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Technical Design or Fashion Design required.
Technical design experience preferred.