Freelance Assistant Manager, Creative Operations
28 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Freelance Assistant Manager, Creative Operations
Location: New York, NY
• Learn and comprehend the upcoming launches in the global marketing calendar.
• Initiate directive to begin work process on promotional programs based upon receipt of screened and approved work requests.
• Assist in managing workflow and schedules for creative programs within the Operations Department and on a project basis based upon volume, deadlines, and priorities. Capture milestone dates and overall timelines regularly validating and adjusting timelines as needed.
• Liaison with Creative / Design Production department to insure priorities are clearly established and achieved, meeting deadlines.
• Attend operations meetings (Creative Program Review), to maintain informational dialog and update status on all Creative projects.
• Attend weekly status meetings with Creative departments to assure the coordination of all projects. Review and update internal status report on a weekly basis.
• Maintain Digital Calendar as assets are offered to global markets.
• Manage the distribution of creative lightbox assets for domestic and international needs.
• Provide support for the Operations team, assisting in trafficking, including the distribution of final mechanicals, art, and matchprints when necessary.
• Order final art from outside agencies and retouchers to send to vendor.
• Work closely with vendor to help schedule and coordinate lightbox distribution.
• Record and organize market orders and ship all material to markets.
• Process invoices, as required, for all light box work and art materials ordered for necessary projects.
• Undergraduate College degree.
• Position requires 2+ years relevant work experience in a traffic/operations environment.
• General knowledge of print production, digital, and art.
• Position requires leadership skills and project management skills.
• Knowledge of the functions of creative, operations, and trafficking within a cosmetics or other related industry.
• Interest and willingness to refine processes in an operational creative environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications, excellent presentation skills, ability to personally organize.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Adobe Creative Suites is a big plus.
• The ability to manage time and work independently or with a team.
• Proactively seeks way to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.