Freelance Assistant Designer - Men's
New York, New York 10019
Title: Freelance Assistant Designer, Men's Outerwear
- Work with OW design team to create inspirational design boards and sketches to convey design ideas. Collaborate with OW Designer to develop concept ideas by compiling vintage protos, tear sheets, sketches, fabric swatches and trim inspiration
- Assist designers in seasonal research of current market trends & runway shows in fabric, silhouette, embroidery, color, pattern, trim, wash, and finishing techniques
- Partner with design team to research new silhouettes and develop innovative details appropriate to the concept, and customer aesthetic
- Manage vintage and design library - organize all electronic and physical design materials.
- Attend all fittings and take notes for follow-up (including fit prep)
- Assist with preparation for all Design Meeting, Board Reviews, Hand Offs, Line Reviews & Showroom Openings
- Responsible for all technical sketches.This includes all views and detailed layouts to capture the nuances of the model.
- Work with OW Designer to create/update all individual stats and stat line sheets.Ensure updates are made throughout the development process
- Serve as a liaison between Design, Product Development, Technical Design, Trim Dept. and Merchandising to ensure information flow is accurate throughout the development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design
- 1-2 year’s experience in Design Industry (or applicable Internships) in menswear
- Proficient in flat sketching
- Strong understanding of garment construction
- Working knowledge of pattern making.
- Design, color, aesthetic sensibility
- Excellent organization Skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in order to help meet team deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Web PLM, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook