Freelance Assistant Designer, Neckwear
625 Madison Avenue New York, New York 10022
Job Title: Assistant Designer, Neckwear
Location: New York, NY
End: 3 months
Position requires a resourceful, motivated individual with the taste, sensitivity and enthusiasm to operate successfully and productively in the neckwear department of Men's Design working closely with the Vice-President of Neckwear and other staff members in various phases of the business.
- Help to manage all aspects of design process for multiple lines.
- Assist in the development of the design process calendar and monitor process to maintain timeliness.
- Create Production Chart for the line- including mill design information and cutting instructions for our factory.
- Order Sample fabric from mills for the line & sample neckwear line for the brand.
- Organize and maintain archive of design and quality references.
- Participate in design research and development.
- General merchandising and styling
- Contact with “merchandising” for review and editing.
- Organizing of line into classifications and categories including design and colorway rotation
- Monitor progress of design and coloring finalization and sample yardage deliveries.
- Participate in preparation and exhibit of seasonal presentations
Person should also have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, be detailed oriented with consistent follow-through.
Technical skills required: Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word