Freelance Assistant Designer, Accessories
666 Fifth Avenue New York, New York 10103
Job Title: Assistant Designer, Accessories
Location: New York, NY
Full time hours
• Assists in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
• Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
• Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
• Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
• Apply processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
• Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis.
• Brainstorm and present ideas to team.
• Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics.
• Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues.
• Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
• Build and maintain effective relations with key partners.
• Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility.
• Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
• Accessories design experience preferable (scarves, hair, cold weather, jewelry, etc)