Freelance Assistant CAD Designer
New York City, New York 10019
Title: Freelance Assistant CAD Designer, Swim
Job Description: Supporting the CAD designer(s) in the seasonal design development process by assisting with CAD designs based on original design concepts.
- Take direction from VP, Senior Designers and lead CAD designer to contribute versions of approved seasonal designs in CAD; by developing artwork as needed, to redesign existing patterns, adjust repeats, recolor designs, and resize patterns.
- Assist in preparing artwork for design meetings and to prepare and track submission of approved artwork to mills/offices/ and manufacturers by calendar deadlines.
- Follow and maintain current CAD standard operating procedures for file naming, file saving structure, archiving, color matching.
- Ability to communicate with internal customers, print studios, IT and overseas offices concerning color, design, and repeat, to provide necessary CAD services to troubleshoot and resolve CAD-related support issues.
- Contribute positively to the team dynamic in a group setting and key team player
- Bachelors in Textile design or illustration.
- 1-2 years of textile experience
- Strong CAD skills – Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- NED Graphics
- Technical drawing skills