Freelance Assistant Buyer- San Fran, CA
2 Folsom St San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title: Freelance Buyer - Junior
Duration: 90 day
SAN FRANCISCO CA
Contract only or Contract to hire: contract to hire
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri
Hours per Week: 40
Describe the project they will be working on: creating seasonal financial and assortment plans, buying, forecasting, promotions
What are the Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job?: Financial acumen, forecasting experience, online experience, assortment creation
Top 3-5 Soft Skills for Gap culture fit: Collaborative, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency
Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): e-comm experience a plus!
Software skills required: Excel
The Buyer will own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans. They will collaborate with the Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Online customer and business needs. The Buyer will also partner with the Merchandise Coordination team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
• Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
• Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories; identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment (inclusive of pricing).
• Be responsible for Open-To-Buy (OTB) and Hindsights.
• Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners.
• Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
• Share seasonal category strategies with Merchandise Coordination team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2 years of buying/inventory management experience with strong emphasis in financial planning and forecasting
• Able to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
• Know how to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
• Can quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
• Selling a point of view to both peers and upper management is a strength.
• Possess strong presentation skills.