Freelance Art Director
One New York Plaza New York, NY 10004
Job Title: Freelance Art Director
Start Date: mid-September
End Date: TBD
- Skillfully generate dynamic creative presentations based on experience and knowledge of all customer segments for a multi-channel brand.
- Keen awareness of the important role that design and art/photo direction plays in driving sales as well as the development and growth of the brand personality.
- Work on all stages of creative through to release. This includes layout design and presentation; attend still and/or fashion photo shoots, film editing and placing, film and page presentation and final page file approval.
- Design all web initiatives including site updates, emails, banner ads etc. with ability to interpret and transform brand positioning and print visuals to an online platform.
- Work closely with Creative Director and Copywriters to ensure the visuals support and enhance the copy and merchandising strategy for a cohesive message that will drive sales.
- Collaborate with Desktop Artists, Sr. Manager, Photo Service and Production Manager to ensure proper follow-through and technical accuracy.
- Oversee the completion of all creative projects on time and within budget.
- Participate with senior creative team to develop and evolve a long-term creative/copy strategy for the brand.
- Participate with merchandising and product team to continue and/enhance process development for the creative presentation of the brand.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of merchandising and product development experience
- Expertise in product development, trend and branding
- Apparel experience (Catalog and/or web) is required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must