Freelance Architecture and Design, Project Manager
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance/Temporary Architecture and Designer Project Manager
New York, NY
Duration: ASAP - August
Purpose and Scope: Project Manager will work within team to design, develop and project manage free standing retail stores for both new design/construction & Renovations of existing stores globally but with a focus on Asian retail.
• Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations.
• Responsible for project management including; design, construction, millwork shop drawing review, budget and schedule maintenance.
• Coordinate project scope with various consultants: Lighting, Engineer, Production Architect, Code and Construction Manger.
• Coordinate project’s program requirements with the brand's in-house departments; Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations.
• Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects.
• Degree in Architecture, and 3-7 years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s).
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2007 (or more recent version)
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, and internet.
• Familiarity beneficial in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011)
• Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
• Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to travel a plus