Freelance Architectural Designer/Project Manager
28 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Freelance Architectural Designer/Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
End: 11/23/19 (6 Month plus extensions)
Responsibilities include conceptual design, design development.
- Sketch 3D design in order to execute drafting of Design Development sets for the use in PPM meetings and Design Review.
- Aid Design Managers in the creation of Design Intent Set for use in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and distribution to architects.
- Communicate concisely to review issues and design solutions within Design Review meetings.
- Responsible for the creation of conceptual 3D renderings of a store's design as directed by the Design Managers.
- Follow up with consultants, answering Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Set up agendas for meetings with guidance from Project Architects.
- Research project specific materials and products.
- Order samples as required.
- Additional administrative and project work as necessary including electronic file management, paper document management, keeping studio updated with project images for project wall, and timesheet record keeping and submittal.
- Work with and mentor more junior level architecture team members.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years minimum architectural experience
- Expert level proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in hand sketching
- Proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator