Footwear PD/Production Manager
New York, New York 10018
Title: PD/Production Manager
Company: Advanced Contemporary Brand
- Style and BOM management in AP21 (ERP System).
- Co-ordinate on time delivery of sampling according to the Critical Path.
- Ensure samples are made well & report issues to Shoe Designer to avoid future production issues.
- Assist with development sample comments and communication with manufacturer.
- Negotiating with manufacturers on sample and production costs.
- Negotiating with manufacturers on MOQ and production lead times.
- Create and maintain Sample Production Schedule dates in line with Critical Path.
- Assist with creating tech packs (specifying materials, sizes, measures, and functionality) that will be sent to suppliers and will become the master guide for all stakeholders involved in the production process.
- Assist with researching new materials and suppliers, developing long term successful relationships that ensure consistent quality and on-time delivery.
- Coordinate the production and delivery of multiple sample sets for sales and PR. Purposes according to the Critical Path.
- Coordinate the distribution of samples for shows, PR and sales with PR and sales coordinators.
- Coordinate information for sales and PR line sheets.
- Sample budget management
- Ensure production orders are placed with manufacturers on-time, negotiate price, quantity and delivery dates based on a target GP %.
- Responsible for management of BOMs in AP21.
- Manage production stage by creating and updating the Bulk Production Schedule.
- Accurately communicating packing list requirements to manufacturer.
- Organize all production packs including all barcodes and care labelling.
- Management of packaging requirements with manufacturer.
- QC and inspection coordination.
- Shipping sample and approval coordination.
- Communicate with logistics team to schedule shipping to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage and arrange in season repairs.
Team and Communication
- Successfully communicate with Shoe Design team and they maintain a schedule in line with the Critical Path.
- Develop and maintain good communications lines with functionally related departments eg Design Room, Retail Buying and Planning, Logistics.
- Develop and maintain strong and successful working relationship with suppliers.
- Develop successful communication lines with company stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Over 5 years’ experience in a shoe development and/or production team in a similar.
- Footwear experience a must
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Excellent planning, follow through and negotiating skills.
- Extremely organized and strong attention to detail.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and experience with production systems like AP21 (important).
- Good understanding of shoe manufacturing.
- Flexible to travel – trade shows, manufacturing locations, Sydney head office