Fashion Account Executive
New York New York, NY 10018
The candidate should be an avid consumer of media and popular culture and have a deep affinity for fashion and design. The position calls for an EXPERT publicity strategist and relationship builder. Must be comfortable with supervising, developing, coaching and mentoring a dynamic team including an assistant.
- Secure strategic press coverage – both features and product editorial in top national, regional and online media outlets
- Maintain strong relationships with key fashion and market editors, relevant fashion stylists and bloggers
- Create innovative communications seasonal strategies for large national and global brands as well as niche designers
- Conceptualize and assist in execution of press events ?
- Manage event budgets??
- Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
- Accompany clients and editors on domestic and international press trips
- Minimum 4-years experience with men’s & women’s editors
- Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a phenomenal track record in garnering top-tier coverage in print and digital media
- Deep understanding of fashion trends and market
- Experience in event planning with big brand/big budget a plus
- Responsible for management and timely distribution of editorial reports, press clippings and budgetary tracking documents
- Experience in supervision/mentoring junior staff is required
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Must have high level of interest and proficiency in new media landscape, and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks
- Bachelors degree ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field
- Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Cision, Fashion GPS and social media networks
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with a consistent CAN-DO attitude