Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
x Los Angeles, CA 90059
Title: Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Location: Willowbrook, CA
Under the direction of the President, the Executive Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of the President’s office. Represents the President to staff, faculty, senior management, other universities, and regulatory agencies. Interpret, communicate, and apply, procedures and policies; answer questions where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of policies and procedures are necessary. Provides confidential and administrative support to the President.
• Acts as project support to the President; follow-up to ensure completion of tasks assigned to others.
• Serves as the President’s personal assistant on sensitive and confidential matters with high-profile and personal contacts.
• Coordinates, implements, and assists with activities and personnel in the President’s Office.
• Schedule internal and external meeting requests including maintain meeting request log, maintain the President’s calendar, and participate in regular calendar meetings with the President.
• Schedule internal/external onsite and offsite events such as:
• Ticket purchase (if required)
• Event schedule
• President’s remarks or welcome speech
• Notable external attendees
• Notify President of all on campus events posted in the broadcast
• Travel arrangements (if required)
• Ticket purchase
• Itinerary & Event Schedule
• List of attendees and notable external attendees
• Meal choices
• Manage schedule on/off campus meetings
• On campus meeting set up if required such as, AV, snacks, lunch, marketing material
• 10-minute reminder – in person or via text
• Provide location and parking instructions for offsite meetings
• Manage calls for the President
• Obtain caller information and transfer per instructions
• Maintain call log.
• Identifies, appraises, reviews, and recommends matter of critical and urgent nature. Provides follow-up on these matter as designated by the President.
• Facilitates communications between the President’s office and various constituents, University departments and external groups as appropriate.
• Assists with preparation of communications for the President’s office. This includes researching, writing, and editing the President’s speeches; preparation of presentation/lecture material, reports, etc.
• Prepares agenda for Executive Management Team and Senior Leadership Group meetings.
• Represents the President’s Office, as appropriate, in its relationships with the University, community.
• Participates in professional meetings and conferences to maintain professional contacts and visibility for the Office of the President and the University.
• Researches and collects statistical data and information for the President on special assignments.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and/or the equivalent years of work experience
• Five years of related experience, preferably in higher education
• Ten years or more previous professional experience assisting a President, Chief Executive Officer or Chief Operating Officer in higher education or an academic setting.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to supervise and train clerical staff.
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with others.
• Understanding of the confidential nature of the position.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Database management skills.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• PC proficient. Ability to utilize the MS Office platform, including Word, Excel, etc.
Candidate must meet all the requirements below.
Do you have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent?
Do you have experience with software technology, a strong technical aptitude and Microsoft outlook proficiency?
Do you have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a higher education setting?
Do you fluently read, speak, or write Spanish?