na San Francisco, CA na
The Executive Administrator supports the needs of an Executive Leadership Team member, ensuring that they have the infrastructure and systems in place to do their best work. He/she will gain an understanding of the business, philosophy, and approach to work, and will partner with the Administrative Team to provide seamless support across the practice. The performance and actions of the Executive Administrator are highly visible and have significant impact on the Executives and teams they support. The ideal candidate for this role demonstrates strategic thinking, a deep understanding of systems, shows empathy and poise, and is a team player in every way.
The work you’ll do
- Schedule meetings and manage complex calendars for the Executive (who owns entire bodies of work and/or business units, and manages multiple projects, client relationships, and numerous teams at all times).
- Manage and book the Executive’s travel, and his/her team’s travel.
- Communicate regularly with Executives, when they are in the office and working remotely, to ensure they are apprised of changes to their calendars or to the work of their teams.
- Submit timesheets and expense reports for the Executive.
- Keep the Executive organized with meeting materials and immediate priorities (who needs what by when); this may include inbox management and communication/response strategies.
- Provide strategic support to ensure that Executives have the time, resources, and materials needed to accomplish their goals
- Be an active member of the Admin Team, participating in weekly meetings and special projects, and providing back-up support when other team members are out of the office or are overloaded.
- Run project-related errands.
What makes you successful
- You think and operate strategically. You are responsible for decision-making and planning. You are three steps ahead of your Executive, constantly anticipating problems and fixing them before they occur—then fixing them again when everything changes.
- You’re curious and passionate about business—the rhythms and dynamics that make us work, and are proactive in finding ways to enable our Executives and our business. You seek a deep understanding of the context of your Executive’s work, and use that understanding to prioritize and make trade-offs.
- You bring a fusion of systems thinking and creativity in your ability to see the whole system, understand the complexity of our business, and use excellent judgment in finding innovative ways to get the work done.
- You demonstrate courage and optimism. You use excellent communication skills to gain the context necessary to perform tasks, and adopt a can-do attitude. You are unfazed and adaptable in the face of change. You recognize what’s most important to tackle, in what order, and are prepared to make informed, independent decisions.
- You take pride in accuracy and professionalism. You show great attention to detail, thoroughness, and follow-through. You represent us with graciousness and poise, minimizing the ripple effect on your teams should problems arise.
- You love collaborating in teams of diverse talents and skills, taking on work in a collegial, collaborative, open and friendly way. You approach problem-solving with an open mind, and are willing to take a leadership position with your peers to ensure best practices become standard for the admin team.
- You are a flawless multi-tasker, able to seamlessly shift between people, tasks, modes of communication, and technology platforms.
- You’re a voracious learner, using your time to build mastery around the skills you need in both your work and life.
- You show up with empathy, humanity and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create positive impact—for leaders, your team members, and beyond.
- 3 to 5 years executive assistant experience (including at least 2 to 3 years of formal Executive-level support) in a fast-paced executive office—ideally within a management consulting or creative agency
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate in an administrative team environment
- Exceptional judgment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), Mac OS, and Google applications
- Knowledge of Adobe’s InDesign
- Proficiency or high comfort-level with technology