Minnesota Minneapolis, MN 55111
Title of Job: District Manager
Company Description: Contemporary fashion retailer
- Analyze business trends and create plans to increase sales, and control expenses to drive overall profitability within district.
- Monitor and measure financial, operational, human resources and customer service results, and hold teams accountable for achieving district goals through ongoing store visits.
- Visit and communicate with boutiques to ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures, visual directives, and guest experience.
- Plan and manage time to ensure all operational deadlines are achieved.
- Supervise Boutique Managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Supervise boutiques to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner
- Develop boutique managers and teams to drive fanatical customer service.
- Provide direction and coaching to boutique teams to ensure consistency of guest experience standards.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Assess performance, assist with and deliver formal performance evaluations.
- Interact regularly with all levels of boutique associates to gain insight on boutique morale and to gain suggestions from the boutique level on operational efficiencies and customer experience
- Understand and translate visual directives and inspirational communication.
- Ensure boutiques adhere to company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization.
- Develop partnerships with corporate management to pursue and generate marketing opportunities to build the brand.
- Maintain a positive attitude, demonstrating the characteristics that support fanatical customer service.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a district or market in specialty retail required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity in all interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent organization skills; ability to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to consistently travel to boutiques within a geographical area
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays