Distribution Center Manager
. Queens, NY 11423
Company Description: contemporary women's apparel brand
Location: Queens, NY
- Analyze and make recommends for warehouse operations improvements to workflow, support requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Comply with legal regulations, including OSHA and warehouse best practices.
- Responsible for the entire day-to-day pick, pack ,and ship operation including waving orders.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and accountability in conjunction with Inventory Control team.
- Responsible to ensure all timely receiving and put away of product for allocation.
- Manage work to meet corporate monthly shipping goals, which includes setting the pace of the floor and to pull ahead
for future allocations when needed.
- Plan and schedule all employees when shift management, overtime, and additional hours are necessary to meet needs.
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation by identifying and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Escalate issues that impact business operations, including communicate to all departments within the company regarding
any shipping issues as well as shipping suggestions to ensure timely deliveries.
- Process payroll for warehouse team members.
- Oversee and maintain all material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, RF scanners, auto poly bagger, etc.
- Maintain a process that manages supplies re-ordering.
- Coach and mentor the Distribution Center team members
- Establish key KPI’s and standards to report out to management accordingly.
- Analyze warehouse operations and project manage considerations of 3PL.
- Completed college degree in a related field required.
- Min. 5-7+ years of experience working in apparel within a similar distribution center and/or warehouse environment.
- Experience working with a WMS, ERP systems, and RF scanners.
- Proven track record in being a team player, partnering with colleagues and developing staff.
- Project management experience working with a 3PL.
- Self-starter; experienced with process and efficiency improvements.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in using the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outstanding negotiating and planning skills and dealing with complexity
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/Critical Care Coverage
- Transit + Parking Stipend
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- ESOP “Employee Stock Owned Plan” Opportunity
- 401k Retirement Plan + Matching %
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Employee Discounts