Distribution Center Manager
New York New York, NY 10016
Title: Distribution Center Manager
Location: Queens, NY
Company: Well-known intimates brand
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for providing direction and oversight on all operations, materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, inventory and distribution services; as well as supervising and developing staff for an apparel manufacturer servicing Ecommerce, Wholesale channels Specialty retailers and
• Analyzes and recommends warehouse operations improvements to workflow, manpower requirements, and equipment
• Responsible for the entire day to day pick, pack and ship operation including waving orders.
• Maintain Inventory accuracy and accountability in conjunction with inventory control team.
• Responsible to ensure all timely receiving and put away of product for allocation.
• Plan and schedule all employees when shift management, overtime, and additional hours are necessary to meet needs.
any shipping issues as well as shipping suggestions to ensure timely deliveries.
• Process payroll for 30 team members.
• Oversee and maintain Material Handling equipment such as pallet jacks, RF Scanners, Auto poly bagger, etc.
• Maintain a process that manages supplies re-ordering
• Ability to coach/mentor the distribution staff.
• Establish key KPI’s and standards to report out to management accordingly.
• Analyze warehouse operations and project manage considerations of some/all 3PL transition.
• Have at least 5-7 years ’experience working in apparel at a similar distribution center / warehouse environment.
• Experience dealing with a WMS and ERP systems, RF Scanners
• Proven track record in being a team player, partnering with colleagues and developing staff.
• Project management experience with a 3PL operation
• Self-starter who is experienced with process and efficiency improvements
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in using the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Outstanding negotiating and planning skills and dealing with complexity
• Bi-lingual in Spanish/English.
• College degree in a related field preferred