Discount Store General Manager
Livingston Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
- General Operating Requirements
- Maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses
- partnering with the District Manager as needed
- Partnering with the District Manager as needed top create action plans
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Organizational Development
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Keyholders and Part and Full-Time Associates.
- reduce Store turnover through selection, training and motivation opportunities, contests and training.
- Ensures all required training for new associates
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, and following through with Human Resources procedures
- Expense Control
- Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Customer Service
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
- Personal and Store Brand
- Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping
- Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Loss Prevention
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs to achieve Store shortage goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Two or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills