Director of Sales
. New York, NY 10018
Title: Director of Sales
Company Description: Advanced Contemporary Women's Ready-to-Wear Brand
Location: New York, NY
- Manage and exceed metrics set by corporate to maximize on sales goals + margins for the growing North American + international markets.
- Continuously seeking new opportunities and expanding on account relationships by opening new doors and continuously creating growth opportunities for the emerging business.
- Work closely with other departments on trend forecasting and direction of future selling seasons, product development, and account feedback for future selling seasons.
- Comprehensive understanding of brand and competition in the marketplace.
- Create selling forecasts and key styles per season for each account.
- Manage accounts and monitor areas of growth opportunities, advising on sell-through of buys.
- Attend trade shows & markets throughout the year and present current line to buyers with relevant product knowledge and styling tips.
- Work closely with Accounting and Customer Service for proper payment and shipment of orders to buyers & stores.
- Min. of 5-10+ years of fashion wholesale experience working with MAJOR department stores, international specialty, and e-commerce sites.
- Experience in fashion wholesale; women's advanced contemporary or luxury ready-to-wear is ideal!
- Experience working with MAJOR department stores such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Ave, Neiman Marcus, INTERMIX, Le Bon Marche, Westside, Selfridges, Moda Operandi, FWRD, and REVOLVE.
- Existing client list and experiencing opening new accounts + driving territory sales revenue.
- Strong attention-to-detail and sense of urgency; highly organized.
- Ability to travel both domestically + internationally (as needed).
Salary: depending on experience, up to $130,000 with comm. % on sales/bonus structure + benefits!