Director of Retail Operations
New York New York, New York 10022
Title: Director of Retail Operations
This person is responsible for establishing the vision and strategy to drive operational excellence for the brand. They will partner cross-functionally to implement store centric processes that assist stores in achieving customer expectations and KPIs. They will also partner with IT, Human Resources, Operations and Regional Store Operations teams to create and implement policies, procedures, and processes that guide business practices.
- Develop functional team strategy for Retail Operations in collaboration with regional teams to drive operational excellence and premiere experiences.
- Partner with regional teams as needed. To include, but not limited to stock room organization, store systems, scheduling, policy & standards, store openings, mobile solutions, etc.
- Plan and conduct initial training for new programs with regional teams.
- Collaborate with IT team on the strategic approach to assess and determine existing and emerging technologies that can enhance and positively impact the growth of retail.
- Partner with Operations and other cross-functional teams to identify solutions and programs that best serve the business. Lead the ongoing evaluation and operation of global programs that involve third party partners (Store fixture programs, music contracts, shopping bags, etc).
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire a high preforming team. Prioritize and measure team workload.
- MUST have global Retail Operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Strategy or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years store management experience.
- 7+ years’ experience leading corporate Retail Operations teams.
- MUST be okay with traveling both domestically and internationally up to 35% of time.
- Thorough understanding of Retail POS and other technology.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Physical requirements: This position involves constant moving, walking, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, sitting; may occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing step stools and
- Regular and reliable attendance, normally on a 5-day-a-week, full time schedule.