Director of Program Management
. New York, NY 10001
Title: Director of Project Management, Brand Experience
Company Description: Major Department Store Retailer
Location: New York, NY
- Responsible for managing all cross-functional tasks and milestones needed to execute new retail innovation projects led by the internal Brand Experience team in terms of in-store logistics, supply chain, IT, merchandising, retail operations, and program rollout.
- Build a scalable, programmatic process that enables management of multiple projects concurrently.
- Manage multiple brand experience projects and ensure a critical path is followed and that major milestones are achieved on schedule.
- Deliver process, integration, and outcomes across cross-functional teams working to bring the "brand experience" to life.
- Implement new, innovative approaches to retail operations with tried-and-true experience.
- Support cross-functional teams in completion of tasks on the critical path by providing clarity and direction that aligns with the overarching strategies and goals of the program.
- Develop new ways of working that create scalable, repeatable processes that will enable the Brand Experience team to work more efficiently.
- Deliver operational outcomes that enable outstanding customer and financial outcomes.
- Participate in the strategy and design of new brand experience-led projects and be responsible for execution of all tasks required to launch these projects.
- Develop strategies to scale and reduce costs required to execute new brand experience projects.
- Collaborate with internal partners to both integrate with and break away from key processes as determined by the strategy.
- Co-develop new ways of presenting our brand to customers through store experience, selling and service models, and changes to technology.
- Develop trust and build collaborative relationships with the supplier community, other internal teams, and within the Brand Experience team.
- Maintain an industry presence that nurtures connections, new business opportunities, and big ideas.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's Degree level preferred.
- Min. of 5-7+ years of experience working within cross-functional project and program management roles ideally within a related industry such as retail or hospitality.
- Ability to tie multiple diverse work streams and schedules together into one comprehensive project plan.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing multiple projects that pull various functions, teams, task, and milestones together from areas like marketing, construction, product, supply chain, and operations to ensure an ontime and on-budget launch of new products or concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both in-person and through modern tools and platforms that allow for the teams to clearly understand accountability and dates by which to accomplish tasks.
- Experience jumping into various areas of a project to provide a flexible resource that can help a functional team get to a solution.
- Strong financial acumen and analytics skills.
- Problem solving skills with a insatiable curiosity and ability to develop creative solutions to complex business issues.
- Ability to make sound decisions using equal parts intuition and data.
- Capacity for frequent travel to stores, collaboration partners, other areas as the project requires.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on projects' needs.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health + Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan + Company Match %
- Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
- Commuter + Transit Benefits
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays
- Special Discounts Program
- Employee Discounts