Director of Planning
2301 East 7th Street # A-401 Los Angeles, CA 90023
Title of Job: Director of Planning
Company Description: Advanced Contemporary Fashion Brand
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
- Develop and forecast seasonal financial objectives for all channels including retail, ecommerce and wholesale to meet budgeted financial goals.
- Maintain monthly OTB process with inventory investments to maximize productivity including initial buy, liquidation, re-orders, and allocation strategies for specific product categories to ensure merchandise remains competitive.
- Recommend and monitor merchandise planning and allocation procedures to ensure that the stores are operating consistently in accordance with “best practice” guidelines and solutions for improved growth.
- Proactively identify dept. specific retail issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and communicating a unified direction: includes recommending & executing markdowns with the merchandise buying team.
- Regular (weekly) review of key performance indicators with sales, margin, inventory turnover, sell-thru and merchandise return on investment; reacting to changes in demand and logistics.
- Ensures alignment of merchandise buy plans, budgets, sales forecasts and other business goals to financial targets..
- Support the development, implementation & execution of new business processes, planning tools and merchandise systems technology.
- Partner with various resources to ensure product selection meets supply/demand
- Consistent competitive analysis including competitor operations, policies and practices, industry changes.
- Perform ad hoc analysis based on historical performance & merchandise product attributes.
- Build and manage financial budgets by channel and store
- 8+ years of related Planning experience in the fashion industry
- Strong understanding of financials and profitability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team
- Advanced experience with excel based programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
Salary: Competitive Base + Annual bonus, Benefits, PTO, Clothing Allowance and more!